Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Aikido with Optimism, Patience, and kindness

Today I went to Heart Aikido in San Francisco. It is at 2565 3rd street. I got there from the Marina area by bus 22 In about 40 minutes. I got off at 3rd and 20th street. The aikido experience was very pleasant. The second I got to the door I was welcomed by Sensei Alex. Sensei Alex is not the head sensei but he ran the class tonight. Sensei Alex was extremely welcoming. I would love to come hear again. Within the first five minutes on the mat two of the black belts came over and introduced themselves. They were both very friendly. It was clear to me that both of them were just very good people.

Sensei Alex's class was excellent. He was friendly and focused. He would joke with his students but had a very harmonious aikido. He flowed very well. Sensei Alex is the first Sensei I have ever been to where the sensei spoke with the students during warm up. I don't mean conversation like "fix this ___" or "fix that ____". He was asking people how there summer had been. He asked his students questions about their lives. His questions clearly showed he cared and that he personally knew each of his students. During Aikido training Sensei Alex shows a great balance between focus, patience, and reinforcement. His personality and attitude alone is enough to make his class a joy. Sensei Alex's Aikido was flowing with calm and patience. I had a few opportunities to train with him and really enjoyed experiencing his Aikido

This Dojo was a joy to train at.

Here is a link to their website if you want to check them out:
Heart Aikido

No comments:

Post a Comment