Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Country, Pizza, Videogames, and My Hometown


Tonight I went to my good friend Zach's house. Zach lives near Potter Valley. The interesting thing about Zach's location is that his house is the only one up his road. Therefore he is truly in an isolated countryside. From his house, I can see all around Redwood Valley but I see no houses. It is peaceful and at times slightly eerie being out in the country where no one can hear you, see you, or accidentally stumble into you.
This is a massive tree right next to Zach's house. Look at the car by it.

Allow me to get slightly off topic. This is a travel blog. I write about my experience that relate to travelling. In my eyes this incorporates a wide body of experiences. It could be a fair question to ask: How does this relate to travelling if this is your hometown? Simply put, I don't have to travel 3000 miles to be "travelling" and "exploring". There is beauty and awe to be seeing from the second I open the door of my home in Redwood Valley. I grew up in an area that goes beyond the imagination of many people. Therefore I would argue that my hometown has just as much a right to be part of my travel blog as any other location.
A view from Zach's Porch

One of the really cool things to do in the country is to go outside and look up at the stars. In cities the lights make it difficult to see the stars in the sky. Out in the country the only light is from the moon and stars. It is quite humbling to stare at the stars. I often become baffled when I try to gain an understanding of the actual size of the universe.

We had pizza from a local take and bake place. The pizza was excellent. All of the ingredients were fresh. This is the type of pizza where every ingredient counts because it is so fresh that every ingredient adds it's own life to the pizza.

We then played Madden. It came down to a final drive where I was up 28 to 21. Zach made it all the way to the goal line. It was 4th and goal on the 5 yard line with about 15 seconds left. I then stopped him.

When I was younger I thought I would eventually grow out of videogames because when I looked at my parents and all their friends none of them played videogames. Now, that I am an adult I have realized two things: First, I am the the first generation of adults that grew up with videogames and Second, I think I will be playing videogames until the day I die :)
The Final Stats from our Madden Game

No comments:

Post a Comment