Saturday, October 16, 2010

Going Out in Denver


On Friday night Quinley invited over some of his friends from the Denver area. We played some games, had some beers and then went out on the town.

The nightlife in downtown Denver is fun and easy going. The bars are large and spacious. We went to multiple bars with multiple stories.
We started the night at Quinley’s place. There were people from Denver, the bay area, Alaska, Seattle, and Mendocino County (me). The thing that stuck out the most to me is that everyone there simply wanted to have a good time. Everybody was friendly and welcome to conversation. We all just kicked back and had a good time.

After a series of bars and partaking in a variety of activities that tend to occur at bar’s we decided to make our way home. This consisted of me identifying and analyzing every single food vendor on the way back home. After much analysis and consultation I opted to get the burrito from the lady on the corner. This choice had nothing to do with “great taste” but instead my hunger finally peaked and I needed to take the next closest item in front of me. This happened to be the nice lady with the premade $3 burritos that she kept in a cooler (ironically to keep heated). I gave her $3 and she gave me a burrito. I walked away happy with my purchase… that is until I got back to Quinley’s place and smelled the pizza that had been ordered.

One burrito and 2 giant slices of pizza later I concluded that I maybe should not have ate so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment