Friday, October 15, 2010

Heading to Denver for the Weekend


This is me at the BART at 4:20 am in the morning.
I woke up at 3:50 am so I could make it to the Bart Station to get to the 4:30 am train. I had a 6 am flight that seemed like a good idea when I booked it. After a flight from Oakland to Salt Lake City, a one hour layover and then onto Denver I finally arrived at 11:00 am. My old college buddy, Kevin Quinley grabbed from me from the airport.




First thing we did when we got to town was head to 16th street and grabbed a burger and a beer at a Brewery. Denver is filled with Breweries everywhere you look.

I only stayed near the downtown area for the entirety of my trip so I can only speak about that. The vibe of this area of the city was surprisingly laid back. Of course, my natural comparison in my head is to cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York so it makes sense that I would perceive much of the world’s cities as “laid back”.
This is Rockies Stadium. It is about 150 Yards from Quinley's Apartment.



Quinley and I have the type of relationship where the common formalities no longer exist. Everytime we see each other it doesn’t matter if we spoke 4 days ago or 4 months ago, the conversation flows just as naturally.




During this trip I had the opportunity to experience Denver’s nightlife, the Coor’s Brewing company, see a haunted house, make some new friends, and catch up with an old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment