Sunday, March 27, 2011

Central Park



Today I walked through Central Park. Much of the novelty of Central Park stems from the fact that it is a massive park in the midst of an even more massive city. Prior to getting to Central Park I went to Absolut Bagels. They had bagels and spreads of so many different types. I opted for an onion bagel with Jalapeno Cream Cheese spread. I also told them I wanted tomato though they forgot to include the tomato. Though I would have liked to see how the tomato would have tasted I was not dissatisfied with my bagel and coffee. In fact, it was delicious. The bagel was a perfect crispness (I had them toast it) and the jalapeno cream cheese was superb. I sat and ate my bagel and drank my coffee as I looked across the Hudson River to New Jersey.



Upon first impression of Central Park my first thought was “this is cool” but as I travelled around it more and more I was very surprised by how well the space is utilized. They had dog parks, children’s parks, numerous monuments, baseball fields, soccer fields, tennis courts, an awesome view of the Hudson river and New Jersey, just to name a few. The more I walked the more encouraged I was to explore as I kept seeing new things.


There were numerous runners throughout the park. It was a nice reprieve from the intensity of the city. For the first time, while in New York I found myself constantly sitting down and just looking around me. Central Park was the perfect place for me to find some quiet and peace after a few intense days of travelling all around the city. 


No comments:

Post a Comment