Monday, March 28, 2011

Food! Food! Food!

Slice of Margarita Pizza


In my first couple hours in New York I immediately developed the idea “how can anyone ever be fat with so much walking being done?” Within 48 hours of being in New York my thoughts had shifted to “How can anyone ever be thin in a town with so much delicious and diverse food?”
Vietnamese Dumplings







While in New York I ate enough food to satisfy myself for many months. If I were a bear I would need not wake up for at minimum 6 months. I ate Vietnamese Soup, margarita pizzas, artichoke pizzas, homemade pizzas, mouthwatering burgers, eggs and turkey sausages galore, Vietnamese dumplings, superb bagels with Jalapeno cream cheese, Vietnamese ice cream, Vietnamese Sandwiches, and the best darn Pastrami Sandwich I have ever had!  And I topped it all off with enough coffee to keep me awake for at least the next 7 days.
Vietnamese Soup




I got some great recommendations from the locals and am glad I followed their advice. I ate so many places that I left saying to myself “I have to eat there once more before I leave” but then I was provided another recommendation and ventured out to try some new food.
Lots of Bagel spreads at Absolut Bagels.









New York is such a diverse place that there are experts within the city at making so many different food types. There is one food I did not dare to try and will NEVER EVER bother to try (unless I lose a bet someday) while in New York. That food is Mexican food. I saw a few Mexican restaurants but coming from California trying Mexican food would be the equivalent of missing the Super Bowl because I choose to go watch the local Pop Warner football team.





While travelling throughout New York I constantly tried to maintain a “while in Rome…” type of attitude. This meant doing something’s differently with my food then I generally would but this was for the better. Above all else, the food is what I will continue to remember from New York. 




No comments:

Post a Comment