Saturday, March 26, 2011

Katz's Deli



Tonight I had the awesome experience of being at Katz's Deli. Katz's Deli is world famous. They claim to have developed Pastrami. I don’t know if they created the Pastrami but Katz has definitely developed a Pastrami like none I have ever tried.

At the strong recommendation of my friend Eric, I decided to go with a straight Pastrami on rye. No cheese, no sauerkraut, just straight up Pastrami. The meat was so tender and moist. I have never had Pastrami like this.

The vibe in Katz is lively and energetic. It is a huge hall of tables, lines, and constant dodging of people going left and right. As soon as you walk into Katz we were handed a ticket and informed by a man yelling to all that came in “Don’t lose your ticket! Nothing is more important than your ticket!” From there we headed to the counter where there are numerous individuals behind the counter making the food. Each Sandwich making expert (as they should be rightfully called) has his own line. I got in line and watched them dice and slice the pastrami for the sandwiches.

As soon as I got to the front of the line the man diced a little bit of extra pastrami and put it on a plate for me to try. SO GOOD! It was so tender, moist and fresh. The meat had this incredible perfect red coloring to it… I really want to eat another one RIGHT NOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment