Thursday, July 29, 2010

Castles, Temples, and Shrines Oh My!

Me in front of Kinkajuki Temple.

Today I went out and saw some sights in Kyoto. I used their bus system to get everywhere. It was really easy. I found myself really enjoying trying to figure out how the transit system worked. I would walk to a location and then look at the geography map and bus map and try to figure out how to get to different locations. The more I have travelled the more comfortable I have become with transportation. Ironically this increases the likelihood that I will get lost because I am more willing to just go somewhere because I have confidence that I will be able to figure out how to get back.

I saw two of their major sights. I saw the Nijo Castle and the Kinkakuji Temple. The nijo castle was really cool. There was a very beautiful tea garden after the castle.

Below to the left is a picture of me in front of Nijo Castle

Above to the right is a picture of Nijo Castle and the tea garden.

The Kinkakuji temple was awesome. This is a major historic sight in Japan. It is a national treasure. When I entered the garden there was a huge golden temple ( I assume this is Kinkakuji temple but I wasn't quite clear on it).
This is a picture of Kinkajuki Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment