Thursday, July 8, 2010

On a search for food

I am definitely the type of person that has no issues trying differnt types of food. I rarely get grossed out by any foods. At the same time I do like to know what I am eating. As i walk around this area of Tokyo which is called Shinjuku there are so many different food places. There are little Sushi stands (which i will be getting for lunch today), nooodle places, meat (I didn't say the type of meat cause i have no clue) bowl places, tempura places, and all sorts of others. There is a Mcdonald's and 7 eleven as well. The thing is that at many of the places all of the writing is in Japanese (which makes total sense) and they have a picture of the food. Then in some cases the people don't speak english. This leaves me with the option of pointing and saying "that". Which works out totally fine for me.

Here is the irony in all of this. I find comfort in getting foods that are wrapped in stuff. I don't know why this is? There could be anything inside of this wrapping. I keep on being draw to egg rollish, pot stickerish, and rice ballish foods. The thing is that what they put inside here is similar yet different then what we do in the states. Yesterday I had some eggrolls and skewers with meat on it for dinner. I think it was chicken on the skewers but it tasted slightly different. It could have been the seasoning or it could have been something else. I also had an eggroll. I have no idea what was inside the eggroll. yes, I looked inside of it but I couldn't tell what the stuff was. It tasted good so i kept eating it. That will be my policy, if it tastes good i'll keep eating it.

1 comment:

  1. Your policy should be, " if it looks good, eat it"

    ReplyDelete