Sunday, July 25, 2010

Beppu

I got into Beppu on Friday July 23rd. Beppu is famous for it's Onsens and natural hotsprings. An Onsen is a Japanese bathing house. I would say that a Japanese onsen is like a large American hot tub. Except the water is made up of natural mineral water. To my surprise I have come to love Onsens. I have gone to an Onsen the last 2 days. Below are some pictures that I snuck of an Onsen I went to yesterday. I also took a quick video(bottom of the post).


This is a picture of the onsen


The Onsen I went to was in Kannawa. This is a small town that is near Beppu. The onse was outside and I was the only one there. It also had a very nice tea garden. After I hung out in the onsen for about 30 minutes I explored the tea garden. It was really nice and peaceful. It had some stairways that went up the hill pretty far. After I got pretty sweaty I went back to the onsen and chilled in it for about 45 minutes... I tell you I'm getting addicted. .

This is a picture of in the tea garden.

This is a quick video of the onsen. I'm not supposed to do this because people might be naked...

No comments:

Post a Comment