Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shimonseki Sightseeing

On my second day in Shimonoseki Taka showed me many beautiful sights. Taka and I woke up around 730. Mama then made all of us a very huge breakfast. Miyu said that Mama made breakfast that size everyday. Miyu then laughed and said "Mama loves Miyu".
All of the food in the picture was for me. This was my breakfast.

Taka and I met up with his friend Eri. Eri spoke very good English. Her English was so good that she easily could have passed for an American. She learned English when she was very young so she had no accent. The first place we went to is a historical museum in Shimonoseki. I learned about some of the history of Samurai battles. This only perpetuated my desire to be a ninja. Samurai stories and history are so cool. They had some amazing paper models of the historical battles. Unfortunately pictures weren't allowed.
Taka, Eri, and I at the top of the museum

Next we got lunch with Miyu and her co-worker, Shuri. We went to a place with sushi conveyor belts. Conveyor belt sushi is awesome. Basically the sushi rotates around on a conveyor belt and people are able to take whatever they like. Each plate is about 100 yen (a little more than 1 US dollar). I had Fugu. Fugu is a very famous fish because if it isn't cooked correctly it can kill a person. The fish itself has poison in it. If it isn't cooked at the perfect temperature then the poison remains active. Shimonseki is famous for it's Fugu. A knickname of Shimonoseki is Fugu city. So I had to try it.
Taka, Miyu, and Shuri and the sushi conveyor belt.


Taka and getting redy to eat Fugu


Next we went to a very high mountain in Shimonseki and saw incredible views of the city. I wish I had a picture that showed the beauty but my camera was not able to catch the vast beauty that I saw.

Next we went to a Japanese tea garden. It was so beautiful and peaceful . This was my first time at a Japanese tea garden. It was so cool to walk around because there was so much beauty. It was very relaxing.
All these pictures are of the Japanese Tea Garden




Last we went to the Acquarium. The Acquarium was really cool. We saw some crazy looking fish. We also went to a dolphin show. I tried taking pictures but the lighting made it difficult to see. I wish I had gotten more pictures of the dolphin show.
Taka and I dressed as penguins.
We did so many things in one day. It was fun. I was so tired that I fell asleep in the car on the ride back to Taka's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment