Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sushi Conveyor Belt

Tonight I went to dinner with Taw and Tim. Tim is a fellow teacher at Taw’s school that also taught in Los Angeles. He has been in japan for about a year. Tim has proven to me that it is possible for a foreigner to be conversational in Japanese (though he would say he isn’t) within a year. Tonight the three of us went to dinner. Now this place had conveyor belts that went by our tables. On the conveyor belts were a whole foray of different sushi options. Each plate had 2 pieces of sushi or other stuff on it. Each plate costs 100 yen. 100 yen is a little bit over a dollar. This means that I could get ten plates for about 10 dollars. It was awesome. I am sure there must be something like this in the United States but I have never been. I also feel like it would probably be more pricey in the United States.

3 comments:

  1. Are you being facetious? I find it absolutely impossible that you have not been to sushi boats in the bay area. The silicon valley freaking loves sushi boats. Anyways, if it is your first such experience, I'm bummed I never took you...but glad that you went - always a fun one :-)

    Overall, how do you like the food? Is there anything you miss here and is there anything you have loved there?

    -X

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are, izzy, there are! we'll conveyor belt it when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, that is news to me. Are they cheap?

    ReplyDelete