Friday, July 16, 2010

A run in Nagoya

One of my favorite things to do when I travel is to take a run in the area. It gives me an opportunity to explore a town freely. It also gives me some exercise to help ground me. Travelling can be challenging because my eating patters and sleep patterns vary immensely. Running gives me an opportunity to reset my body. Plus, It is a great way to get to know the area. It is much faster than walking but still allows me to notice the small details of my environment. This morning I took a run through a park in Nagoya. Take a look at the video and some pics.

2 comments:

  1. How great too that you were able to get a passing (I'm assuming Japanese squirrel) to take you photo. Very kind-hearted culture indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squirrel's are different in Japan. They aren't like American squirrels. Of course, they speak Japanese and not english. But they also are more willing to socialize with foreigners. There was a little bit of a communication struggle but through hand gestures and patience we finally realized what each wanted... Isee that you are able to see the skyline beyond the trees Scollin

    ReplyDelete