Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The farmers market In Takayama











Yesterday morning I was sitting in the lobby of my hostel and I began conversing with some people. It turned out they were from Israel. There names were Noa and Matis. They were husband and wife and had been travelling all around Japan together. Like so many other Israeli's I have met they were very friendly and very easy to talk with. After conversing for a while we decided to head to the local market together.

The farmers market was held right next to a large river that crosses through the town. The river is very powerful and very scenic. The farmers market had a whole foray of different foods. I got a hida beef bun (similar to a pork bun but had beef instead) and I also tried some marshmallow thing.

This market was obviously very used to tourists because the owners at many of the stands were very friendly. They weren't freindly in an agressive way where I felt obligated to buy something. Instead they just enjoyed conversing. There english was limited but good enough for general conversation.

It was really fun meeting some new people and going around the town with them. I might meet up again with them in my travels. They invited me to come to Israel and I as well returned the favor and told them if they ever come to northern california I can show them around. The best part of all of this is that Noa had a great camera and I asked her to take some pictures. Also today I plan to get a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment